Call Us Now For Expert Roof Replacement – (757)903-0394
When your residential or business property roof needs replacement, it is essential to select an expert in the field; a professional company with a stellar reputation for delivering a quality product, on time and on budget. Virginia Beach Roofing Consultants is dedicated to meeting or exceeding your highest expectations.
In a report published by the Wall Street Journal at least There are roofing contractors who travel from state to state, following all severe weather events, knowing homeowners and business owners will have need of their services.
Some are honest professionals with every intention of doing a good job, while others are unscrupulous crooks looking for a quick buck, at your expense.
It is vitally important that you exercise due diligence, choosing a roofing contractor you will have confidence and trust in. There are a number of steps you can take in order to ensure your contractor is a professional in good standing:
- License or Certificate: In the state of VA, you need a license or certificate from the Virginia Board for Contractors to do any construction work. The Board will issue a Class A, B or C license or certificate and recognizes roofing as a specialty trade under the Building umbrella. Do not be afraid to ask for a license or certificate.
- Insurance: Any roofing contractor in Virginia Beach should carry, at the least, general liability insurance for both commercial and residential roofing projects. If a contractor tells you they are “selfinsured”, beware; you may not be protected against losses. Request proof of insurance.
- Arbitration Protection: Ensure there is an “arbitration” clause within the contract you sign. This protects you in the event of a dispute, ensuring the contractor will settle any dispute through binding arbitration.
- Payment: An immediate red flag warning will be if the contractor asks for payment up front. The only two reasons a contractor might ask for upfront funds is if an item being ordered for your project is non-returnable or if your insurance is not covering the repair and your credit is not tip top. Otherwise, never provide payment up front.
- Financial Stability: To further ensure a contractor’s legitimacy, especially if he or she is not local, ask for a letter from a bank verifying both their financial stability and their character. Do not hesitate to call the bank in person if you are not sure.
- Evidence of Trade Associations: Membership in professional trade associations, such as the National Roofing Contractor Association or the Better Business Bureau are indications that a contractor possesses ethical integrity and offers quality work. Most contractors will openly advertise these types of affiliations on their equipment, vehicles, website or contracts.
Protect yourself and the integrity of the structure for which you are seeking a replacement or roof repair in Virginia Beach. A professional, legitimate roofing contractor will not hesitate to provide you the proof you require.
Call us at Virginia Beach Roofing Consultants for your free roof repair evaluation and quote. You might not need a roof replacement.
Call Now! (757)903-0394